I found this little article here and I thought it would fit perfectly with our fan week
How to be a good fan
This is a basic guide on how to be a good fan:
1. Respect other fans/fandoms. You have chosen something/someone which/who you are a fan of and think is worth to be supported for whatever reason. Others did the same to their own preferences and reason. Don’t think of your fandom as the only right and possible choice.
2. Be reasonable. You may state why you don’t like an other celebrity/subject. That’s ok. If you do, never get too personal and unreasonable (as is: no bashing, no bulling etc.)
3. Support and don’t disturb. You are free to support whatever/whoever. Concentrate on supporting. Don’t start rumors, fanwars etc.
4. Don’t sabotage other fandoms’ projects, votes, meetings etc. (or the celebrities/subjects’ events). You may not support them, but don’t be a disrupter.
5. Don’t stalk and respect privacy. No further comment needed on this I think.
6. Behave yourself. It may be hard, especially if you always wanted to meet that person, but consider to what noise level and stress they are exposed to. Just imagine having a crowd of screaming and pushing people around you.
7. Accept if they date/marry regardless of whoever they chose as partner. No matter what cultural background, at one point a human being will want to be in a relationship. Celebrities are no exception to that.
8. Don’t threat their family, friends or lovers or use them for a hidden purpose (using them to get near the celebrity etc).
9. Accept results. If there is an award that your favorite didn’t win, don’t go blameing/bashing on others.
10. Always consider safety. No matter under what circumstance: Safety goes first. Don’t push. Don’t forget about traffic rules. Etc.
11. Inform yourself via several different sources to prevent having a biased view and judging unfairly. Misunderstandings/misinformation/rumors adds fuel to conflicts. So let’s prevent “MMR” (Misunderstandings/misinformation/rumors).